For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look that you give to the cat, it all means something. You may be in a profession that requires handling inquiries and manage client relationships in a healthy and firm way.
This program is designed to empower you with the tools and techniques you need to become successful in handling tough situations by communicating effectively. Participants will:
– Understand what communication is
– Identify ways that communication can happen
– Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
– Develop their non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills
– Listen actively and effectively
– Ask good questions
– Use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
– Adeptly converse and network with others
This workshop will help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them:
- Have your “technical” instructions understood by “non-technical” people.
- Negotiate for the things you need in a positive manner.
- Avoid misunderstandings from communicational errors.
- Build strong interpersonal connections in the work place.
- Assess the impact of verbal and non-verbal impacts of communications.
- Earn respect from your co-workers and managers.
- And much more.