Stress Management and Relaxation
The word ‘stress’ is used to describe the physical and/or emotional response to the demands and pressures that modern living means we come under from time to time.
Stress can be a positive thing, which drives us on and helps us to grow, develop and be stimulated. However, when stress reaches a certain level, it can overcome a person’s ability to cope and can impact on their physical and mental health.
This session has been developed to help you identify the causes and effects of stress and to assist you in developing the skills required to manage stress in your own life. The focus is on the positive things that you can do to make changes in your life which will reduce the impact that ‘bad’ stress places on you.
- Define Stress and the affect it has on the body
- Use specific relaxation techniques to overcome stress
- Understand and follow a model for coping with stress
- Identify methods of avoiding stress where possible
- Reduce your own stress by following clear techniques